A preform is a pre-shrunk “container” made from shrink sleeve material and a basecap or adhesive label. The preform is especially designed to exactly fit any vial.
Added value of this concept:
– protection against breakage of vial,
– encapsulation of contamination on outside of vial,
– prevention of possible tampering with labels,
– tamper evident closure on caps of vials,
– guaranteed originality because of unique print,
– UV-blocking concept possible,
– opaque preforms for clinical trials.
Preforms are placed up on a conveyor by an operator and filled vials are placed in to the preform. The preform with vial is transported through a hot air tunnel which finalizes the product by shrinking the sleeve to fit.
All our preforms are produced in our validated, airconditioned cleanroom.